Delegate Roslyn Cain "Roz" Tyler, House of Delegates Representative of the 75th District, was elected to the Virginia General Assembly in 2005. The 75th District includes all of the City of Emporia, all of Brunswick County, all of Greensville County and parts of Dinwiddie County, Lunenberg County, Southampton County, Sussex County, Surry County, Isle of Wight County, and the City of Franklin.
Virginia General Assembly
As the elected representative of Virginia's 75th District, Delegate Tyler serves on several committees which allow her to advocate for her Legislative Priorities which affect the District. She has been appointed to serve on the following committees in the 2019 Virginia General Assembly:
House Committee of Appropriations
- Militia. Police and Public Safety
Delegate Tyler was born on July 18, 1961 to Johnny and Gladys Cain in Emporia, Virginia. She resides in Jarratt, Virginia in Sussex County with her husband, Rufus Tyler, Sr. She has four children: Rufus Jr., Ronecia, Rosche, Rameka and two grandchildren, Makenzie and Karter.
- Greensville County High School
- B.S. Biology - Virginia State University
- B.S. Physical Therapy - Old Dominion University
- M.S. Education - Virginia State University
- Advanced Studies - Virginia Commonwealth University
Clinical Coordinator of Physical Therapy at Southern Virginia Regional Medical Center.
- "Hard Rock Award" from Virginia Education Association
- Grade A Award - Virginia Chamber of Commerce
- Emporia - Greensville Rotary Club
- Virginia Physical Therapist Association
- Organizer of the 75th District Gospel Choir
- Head Start Advisory Comittee
- Smart Beginnings Board of Directors
- Former Board Member of John Tyler Community College
- Former Chair of Sussex County Board of Supervisors